Saturday 13 April 2013

Meat Horses April13 2013

Today was alot more peaceful at the Woodville auction, the horse trader that has caused me a bit of grief the last couple of weeks did not attend.  There was a cute pony stud, not friendly, that was purchased by the dealer who does not always sell for meat.  Then arrived a 6 yr old Draft cross,  Buddy, a gelding, mennonite trained to ride and drive single and double (they said Belgian and QH cross).  Nice fella, easy to handle, loaded well on a small bumper pull trailer.  The owner bid him back because he did not want him going for meat,  (was far above our budget), and I had informed him that he could, for $10 you can bid your horse in, so you do have some control over where your horse goes.  He did not know this, and had sold a horse there previously that if he had known that would have bid her back!  I offered to post a pic of Buddy, he is needing a good home.  He has been driven recently but has not been ridden in about a year.  He is wanting aprox $600 negotiable.  Anyone interested in giving this nice fellow a good home call Ryan  (705)205-2064  He also has a 3 yr old Morgan Colt and a Percheron cross mare Myra, trained to ride and drive more whoa than go negotiable.  He is located in the Bracebridge area.
Since the ice storm I have been unable to reply to e-mails, I can read them but not respond.  I appologize and will get back to everyone asap.  We only have dial up and that is slow but we are at 1/3 of normal speed I didn't think I would be able to post this.....

No comments:

Post a Comment