Tuesday 5 July 2016

Sunday July 3 2016 - The Queens Plate

My creation.
On Sunday we went to Woodbine for the first time ever, for the Queens Plate.  We have been to the Standardbred races at Kawartha Downs a few times but I have always wanted to see thoroughbred racing. We purchased our general admission tickets a couple of months ago and went with a bunch of our friends.
What an exciting day of racing! We found a great spot at the rail right by the finish line, I don't think I could have stayed in a seat!  Along with enjoying the gorgeous horses racing I also did alot of people watching. There were some incredible outfits, men in top hats and tails, ladies done up to the nines, and the variety of hats and fascinators was incredible. I made my own little fascinator and was quite pleased with it, but it was nothing in comparison to the works of art that I saw there! I took some pics (with permission) to share. David Dunkley, the official millner designed what I think was one of the most interesting hats, I can only imagine what it cost..... and I am not sure what happened when she went outside in the wind! Another lady put alot of thought in making her hat, even the little horse on her hat was wearing a fascinator!
David Dunkleys design
 What a cute idea this sweet girl had!

No comments:

Post a Comment